. View 26AS statement from TIN website
The facility is available to PAN holders, who are registered with Tax Information Network for view of 26AS statement. A PAN holder has to fill up an online Registration form for such purpose. Thereafter, verification of PAN holder’s identity is done by the TIN-Facilitation Centre personnel either at PAN holder’s address or at the TIN-facilitation center that has been chosen by the PAN holder. The verification involves a cost at prescribed rates. Once authorised, the PAN holder can view Tax Credit Statement online.
View 26AS statement by registering for e-filing
- Visit e-filing portal of Income Tax Department(https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Under Login click ‘Register’ as ‘New User’
- In the next screen, enter your PAN and click on ‘Click Me’
- In the next screen, enter a password of your choice and confirm it (remember the password). Enter your personal information and click ‘Register’.
- A mail will be sent to your e-mail address to activate your account. Click on the link given in the mail.
- On activation of your account, login to your account.
- In the next screen, click on ‘View Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS)’. In next screen enter Assessment Year for which you wish to view your 26AS statement, your date of birth and the code displayed.
- In the next screen click on ‘Confirm’ for redirection to NSDL website. Your 26AS statement will get displayed.
- Please note that this facility is provided free by Income Tax Department. It is not mandatory to e-file your tax return by registering for e-filing.
2. View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) from bank site through net banking facility
The facility is available to a PAN holder having net banking account with any of authorized banks. View of Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) is available only if the PAN is mapped to that particular account. The facility is available for free of cost.
List of banks registered with NSDL for providing view of Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) are as below(CLICK ON BANK NAME)
1. Allahabad Bank
2. Andhra Bank
3. Axis Bank Limited
4. Bank of Baroda
5. Bank of India
6. Bank of Maharashtra
7. Canara Bank
8. Central Bank of India
9. Citibank N.A.
10. City Union Bank Limited
11. Corporation Bank
12. Dena Bank
13. HDFC Bank Limited
14. ICICI Bank Limited
15. IDBI Bank Limited
16. Indian Overseas Bank
17. Indian Bank
18. Karnataka Bank Limited
19. Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
20. Oriental Bank of Commerce
21. Punjab National Bank
22. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
23. State Bank of Hyderabad
24. State Bank of India
25. State Bank of Mysore
26. State Bank of Patiala
27. State Bank of Travancore
28. Syndicate Bank
29. The Federal Bank Limited
30. The Karur Vysya Bank Limited
31. The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
32. UCO Bank
33. Union Bank of India
34. United Bank of India
35. Vijaya Bank
Form 26AS (Income Tax Credit) statement shows details of credit received against your PAN for TDS deducted by your employer and other dedutors, Advance Tax and / or Self Assessment Tax paid by you besides other information listed below. If the amount of tax deducted from your income / paid by you is not credited against your PAN for any reason, you may receive demand for payment of income tax from Income Tax department and / or refund claimed by you in your return may not be received / delayed. Therefore, it is advisable to view 26AS statement and verify the amount of income tax credited against your PAN. The 26AS statement contains following information:
- Details of income tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors
- Details of income tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors
- Advance tax / self assessment tax / regular assessment tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of paid refund received during the financial year
- Details of the High value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
- For more information click here
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage