Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram will be actively recruiting faculty at the Assistant Professor level during 2014. Applications from eligible Indian Nationals with outstanding academic achievements, ability to establish a vibrant research programme, and with a passion for teaching, are invited in any areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. However, applications in the following research areas may be given preference:
School of Biology: Neurobiology, Mathematical/Computational Biology
School of Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry
School of Mathematics: Geometry, Topology, Probability & Statistics, Computer Science
School of Physics: Soft Condensed Matter Physics (theory/experiment), Atomic and Molecular Physics (experiment)
Assistant Professor Qualification: Should have a PhD with First Class in the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years of research/teaching/industrial experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Salary: Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 (PB-3) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000. Initial pay in the Pay Band will be Rs. 30,000 and Total Emoluments Rs. 83,840, including all the allowances. On completion of three years of service as Assistant Professor, shall move to Pay Band of Rs. 37,400-67,000 (PB-4) with an Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,000 and will, however, continue to be designated as Assistant Professor.
Age:Preferably below 35 years.
Reservations:Without any compromise on qualifications, experience and competence, reservation as per Govt. of India rules will be applicable. Applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
The completedapplication form along with curriculum vitae, list of publications (with pdf versions of not more than 10 important published papers), a brief write-up on proposed research programme and perspectives on teaching, and names and addresses of at least four referees (with e-mail id, telephone and fax numbers) may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 March 2014. The subject line of the e-mail should clearly mention the school(s) to which the candidate is applying.
Persons who have already applied are invited to update their curriculum vitae and list of publications before the above-mentioned deadline.Persons working under the Central Govt./State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Central Autonomous Bodies should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may produce an NOC at the time of interview.
1. All applications will be acknowledged by email. If an acknowledgment is not received in one week, an email may be sent to the Registrar. Further communication will be sent only to candidates who are shortlisted.
2. A duly appointed committee of experts will shortlist the candidates for interview. Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a seminar prior to the interview.
3. Candidates giving seminar / appearing for interview will be paid traveling expenses, from stations / port of disembarkation within India, as per the Institute norms.
4. Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
5. The appointed faculty will be on probation for one year. Continuation after the period of probation will be subject to assessment of performance.
6. In addition to the pay and allowances benefits like leave, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement etc will be available as admissible to Central Government employees.
7. Person appointed will be covered under the New Pension Scheme as notified by the of India.
8. Other Incentives: Reimbursement of travel and relocation expenses not exceeding Rs. 1.25 Lakhs for New Faculty joining from abroad and Rs. 75,000 for those joining from places within India.
A start-up research grant based on the projections made by the New Faculty for carrying out research programmes.
A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block of three years (Rs. 1 Lakh per year) on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee for various professionalbodies and contingent expenses.
9. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
10. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final.