– Pay attention and make notes during classes. It’s the best way to understand the topics as teachers have years of practice discussing the same topics.
– If there is any doubt or confusion clear it from them as soon as possible instead of delaying it for exam time.
– Put in your best effort for the Business Studies project, it may be only 10 marks but its an easy way of scoring.
– Prepare a schedule for self studies, keeping in mind scoring topics, your strong topics and your weak topics.
– Read through your notes as often as possible, without even trying to memorize you will be able to remember a lot.
– Try to understand point-wise so you can answer questions easily.
– Highlight and rewrite important concepts.
– Focus on NCERT books as most of the exam is based out of NCERT.
– Answer all the questions from the NCERT books.
– Use charts to remember and revise 1 topic in minimum time.
– After studying a chapter try explaining the important points in your own words, this will help you summarize and revise the topics
– Practice previous year papers/ sample papers to get used to the pattern of questions, trends and also to easily identify your weak areas.
– Study with friends so you can discuss the topics, this will help you in identifying your strengths and weaknesses.
– The most common problem arises with the question paper being too lengthy and not having enough time, to avoid this, practice writing your answers
– When you write answers keep in mind the most important factor is clarity. Use headings and suitable points to make your answers easy to read and easy to understand. Avoid overwriting.
– Read the text thoroughly.
– Revise at least twice
NCERT text books
Business Studies by C.B Gupta
Jagdish Sharma’s Prachi Business Studies For Class XII
Richard Parsons’ A2-Level Business Studies Revision Guide
As CBSE Class 12th exams approach, its time to tackle Business Studies. In today’s time when government sector is giving way to private sector it becomes more and more necessary to be aware of the basics of a Business. Although sometimes dull, Business Studies is essential to understand the theoretical basics of how a business works. An added bonus, this foundation will also increase your marks!
PART A: Principles and Functions of Management
1. Introduction to Management 5 marks
2. Principles of Management 6 marks
3. Business Environment 5 marks
4. Planning 6 marks
5. Organizing 8 marks
6. Staffing 6 marks
7. Directing 8 marks
8. Controlling 6 marks
PART B: Business Finance and Marketing
1. Financial Management 12 marks
2. Financial Markets 8 marks
3. Marketing Management 14 marks
4. Consumer Protection 6 marks
PART C: Project 10 marks
Total: 100 Marks