Open Text-based Assessment (OTBA) in the subjects of Geography, Economics and Biology of Class XI:
1. The Annual Examination in these subjects of Class XI will be conducted by the schools as per the past practice.
2. The Question papers will be developed by the teachers as per the syllabus and question paper design prescribed by the Board.
3. The Question papers in these subjects will have an OTBA section of 10 marks based on one of the open text materials supplied by the Board.
4. The questions for the OTBA section will be supplied by the CBSE through Integrated Test Management System (ITMS) in the months of February/March 2014.
5. With the inclusion of OTBA section of 10 marks the weightings of marks assigned to various units of the Geography, Biology and Economics Syllabus will proportionately reduce as shown below:
Geography (029) Class XI One Theory Paper 70 Marks 3 Hours
Part A. Fundamentals of Physical Geography 25 (Marks)
Unit-1: Geography as a discipline
Unit-2: The Earth
Unit-5: Water (Oceans)
Unit-6: Life on the Earth
Unit-7: Map and diagram 5 (Marks)
Part B. India-Physical Environment 25 (Marks)
Unit-10: Climate, vegetation and soil
Unit-11: Natural hazards and Disasters
Unit-12: Map and Diagram 5 (Marks)
Open Text-based Assessment 10 (Marks)70 Marks Economics (030) Class-XI One paper 3 Hours 90 Marks
Part A: Statistics for Economics
Unit 1 Introduction
Unit 2 Collection, Organisation and Presentation of Data 13
Unit 3 Statistical Tools and Interpretation 27
Part B: Indian Economic Development
Unit 4 Development Experience (1947-90) 08 and Economic Reforms since 1991 08
Unit 5 Current Challenges facing Indian Economy 18
Unit 6 Development experience of India-A Comparison with neighbours 06
Open Text-based Assessment 90 Marks Biology (044)Class-XI (Theory-one paper)
|Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 70
|Diversity of Living Organisms
Structural Organisations in Plants and Animals
Cell: Structure and Functions
|Open Text-based Assessment
for more Details http://www.cbseacademic.in/web_material/Circulars/2013/78_OTBA.pdf