The latest buzz among IIM aspirants is the news of newer IIMs substituting the Group Discussion round with a Written Ability Test (WAT) in their admission process. Here are a few helpful tips to help your WAT boat sail through:
- Write as fast as possible in order to finish the essay.
- Dont contemplate too much, or else you will be unable to finish the essay in time.
- Practice every day. Choose a current-affairs topic, set a timer and start writing. This will help you structure your thoughts easily.
- Include as many important points and angles in your essay as possible.
- Make it interesting for the reader by starting it with an anecdote.
- Try and improve on your spellings and grammar as they will help you score better.
- Keep your sentences short and crisp.
The duration of the WAT ranges from anything between 10 to 30 minutes depending on the IIM, for example: IIM Ahemdabad gives only 10 minutes to the candidates to compleate the test whereas IIM Bangalore gives them up to 30 minutes.
One may be baffled with the thought of penning down oneâ??s thoughts in a time frame of just 10 minutes. Though a little difficult it isnâ??t impossible. All one needs is to prepare the right way.