Ways to drink more water
While we all know water is essential to our basic well-being, not many of us can manage to gulp down more than a daily dose of one or two litres. Water, after all, is plain and can tend to get boring beyond a point. But with a little imagination and initiative, you can easily increase your daily water consumption.
Here are some tips…
1. First things first. So, as soon you wake up in the morning, down a glass of water. Coffee, tea, milk — whichever you prefer — can follow a little later. Apart from making you feel good about sticking to your resolution, it also kick-starts your metabolism.
2. Make that water bottle your constant companion. No matter where you are — at home or office — keep taking small sips. Go for a water bottle in your favourite colour. That will make the idea of drinking from it more appealing. Fancy glasses will also do the trick.
3. Water can be made interesting and healthier. Add a flavour of your choice and relish the taste. Squeeze half a lemon, crush some berries, add a few mint leaves or fruit slices — the options are many.
4. Try to have some fun while drinking water. For example, lay a bet with a colleague, friend or spouse on who will drink more. You can also compete with yourself, increasing the quantity each day. Also, keep taking small water breaks with friends and colleagues while at work. It’s called ‘healthy’ bonding.
5. If you have the habit of conveniently forgetting to drink water at frequent intervals, set reminders on your phone. Asking friends/family/colleagues to remind you is also a good idea.